Greece with Iconic Aegean Sea Cruise (10D9N)
from Istanbul to Athens
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 01 (THU). ARRIVAL – ATHENS BY NIGHT: (Dinner)
Meet in the Arrival’s Hall at Athens airport and transfer to the hotel. Remainder of day at own leisure (No Coach Service). Athens is an amazing city to discover on your own with its numerous museums, parks, and the shopping areas of Kolonaki, Hermou, Voukourestiou Street, Monastiraki and Plaka. In the evening, pick up by private coach and English speaking assistant for your Athens by Night tour. Your evening will start with a drive around the city of Athens. Drop off at Plaka, the old Athens to wonder around the alleys before dinner in a typical Greek tavern with folk music and dancers (Greek starters, salad, selection of main course, dessert). After dinner transfer back and overnight in Athens Hotel.
DAY 02. ATHENS – PIRAEUS – EMBARKATION 3 DAYS ICONIC AEGEAN SEA CRUISE: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
After breakfast, transfer to the Athens port of Piraeus and embark on your 3 days Iconic Aegean Sea Cruise. DAY PORTS ARR. DEPT. Friday ATHENS (PIRAEUS), Greece - 11:00 Friday MYKONOS, Greece 18:00 23:00 Saturday KUSADASI (EPHESUS), Turkey 07:00 12:00 Saturday PATMOS, Greece 16:00 21:00 Sunday CRETE (HERAKLION),Greece 07:00 11:30 Sunday SANTORINI, Greece 16:30 21:00 Monday ATHENS (PIRAEUS), Greece 06:00 - NOTE: THE SEQUENCE OF THE CRUISE ITINERARY CAN NOT BE CHANGED MYKONOS: At leisure on the Jet Set Cycladic island of Mykonos renowned for its striking windmills. Wander the maze of narrow alleys and an array of shops for bargains. In the evening, enjoy the live on board entertainment or try your luck in the casino. Overnight on board.
DAY 03. KUSADASI (Turkey) – PATMOS: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Kusadasi at leisure or take an optional tour to visit the Greek and Roman site of Ephesus, the best preserved ancient city in Asia Minor and the House of Virgin Mary. Patmos, the Holy island where St. John wrote The Revelation, known as Jerusalem of the Aegean Sea. At leisure or take an optional tour to visit the Monastery and Grotto of St. John. In the evening, enjoy the live on board entertainment or try your luck in the casino. Overnight on board.
DAY 04. CRETE (HERAKLION) – SANTORINI: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Heraklion, the capital of Crete. At leisure or take an optional tour to visit the fantastic ruins of the Palace of Knossos. The elaborate palace is believed to be the mythical Labyrinth of King Minos (Minotaur legend) and the seat of the Minoan civilization. At leisure on the amazing island of Santorini (formed by the eruption of the volcano 1600 BC). The sight is the most breathtaking of all Greek islands and perhaps of the world. In the evening, enjoy the live on board entertainment or try your luck in the casino. Overnight on board.
DAY 05. CRUISE ARRIVAL ATHENS - THESSALONIKI: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Breakfast on board. Disembark. Meet at the Athens port of Piraeus and with an official English speaking guide depart for your Four Days Tour. Drive north to Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). See the White Tower, (the symbol of the city), the Arch of Galerius, the Rotunda and the Via Egnatia. Visit the Church of St. Dionysos and the Archaeological Museum. Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki Hotel.
DAY 06. THESSALONIKI - KAVALA - THESSALONIKI: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Breakfast in the hotel. Drive to Kavala (Biblical Neapolis) and visit Philippi. See the remains of the Agora, the Octagon, the remains of the 2 Basilicas and St. Paul’s prison and Lydias’ Church. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki Hotel.
DAY 07. THESSALONIKI – KALAMBAKA (METEORA): (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Breakfast in the hotel. Drive south, into central Greece, to Kalambaka, the town nestling at the foot of Meteora. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). Visit Meteora with its impressive scenery, visit 2 monasteries, suspended between earth and sky. Inside, see priceless historical and religious treasures. Dinner and overnight in Kalambaka hotel.
DAY 08. KALAMBAKA – DELPHI – ATHENS: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Breakfast in the hotel. Depart for Delphi, the navel of the earth. On the slopes of Mt. Parnassus, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios. See and visit the Doric Temple, the Treasury of the Athenians and see Castalia Spring. Visit also the museum holding masterpieces of ancient Greek sculpture such as the bronze charioteer. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). On the way to Athens, pass the mountain village of Arachova, Levadia and the town of Thebes. Arrive in Athens and transfer to a local restaurant for dinner (starters, salad, main course, dessert). After dinner transfer to the hotel and check in. Overnight in Athens Hotel.
DAY 09. CORINTH TOUR – ATHENS SIGHTSEEING: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
After breakfast, pickup from the hotel for your Full Day Tour. With an official English Speaking Guide drive west, along the coastal highway, the Apollo coast and stop to see the Corinth Canal, which connects the Aegean and the Ionian Seas. Continue to and visit Ancient Corinth. See the Bema, the Temple of Apollo, the remains of the Agora, and Pyrene Fountain. Visit Cenchreaes and see from where St. Paul departed on his journey. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). Return to Athens and see Syntagma Square, the House of Parliament and the Tomb to the Unknown Soldier, guarded by the Evzones in their traditional costume. See the Athens Academy, the University and the National Library. Stop at the Pan Athenaic Olympic stadium, (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896). See the archaeological site of the Temple of the Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. On the Acropolis visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the Parthenon. Completing the tour, transfer to a local restaurant for dinner (starters, salad, main course, dessert). After dinner transfer back and overnight in Athens hotel.
DAY 10. ATHENS DEPARTURE (Breakfast)
Breakfast in the hotel. Free at own leisure (No Coach Service). Transfer to the Athens airport for your flight back home.
- Passport and visa photocopies required before processing, passport should be not less 6 months valid from the date of travel
- VISA and Passports - You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Travel Insurance - It is highly recommened you have travel insurance in place
- Please be gently reminded that it is the guest's responsibility to secure passport and valid entry visas to the destinations if applicable
- ONCE CONFIRED AND FINALIZED, ALL PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-REBOOKABLE FOR ANY MATTER. Please make your trip definite
- Prepayment Terms and Conditions Apply
- Boris Travel and Tours is not held liable or responsible for any trip and tour cancellations, tour forefeiture brought about by flight cancellations, flight delays, bad weather conditions, or any failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes government, strikes, riots, and Acts of God or conditions beyond our control
- Please note that this guarantee does not apply in any situation where the safety of clients is at potential risk or in the case of global health warnings; or when the operation of a tour is not possible for reasons beyond our control (such as industrial action/strikes and operational restrictions); or a Force Majeure event. A Force Majeure event is an inevitable or unpredictable event including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane (or other natural disaster), act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, political unrest, blockage, embargo, labour dispute or strike.
- Itineraries subject to space availability upon reservation. Itineraries subject to change without prior notice