Biblical Tour of Greece (5D4N)
from Kavala to Athens
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 01. ARRIVAL / KAVALA
(Dinner) Meet on the Greece side of the border and walk to the coach. With an official English speaking guide depart and drive via the first Greek town, Alexandroupolis. Continue along the coast to Kavala, Biblical Neapolis. Drive to and visit Philippi. See the remains of the Agora, the Octagon, the remains of the 2 Basilicas and St. Paul’s prison. Completing the tour, drive to Kavala. Dinner and overnight in Kavala hotel.
DAY 02. KAVALA / THESSALONIKI / KALAMBAKA
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) Breakfast at the hotel. If not done, visit Philippi. Continue along the coast to Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki. Proceed on tour. See the White Tower, (the symbol of the city), the Via Egnatia, the Church of St. Dimitrios, the Rotunda. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). Drive south, into central Greece, to Kalambaka, the town nestling at the foot of Meteora. On the way, visit the mountain town of Veria. See the spot from where St. Paul preached the gospel. Continue onto Kalambaka. Arrive in Kalambaka. Dinner and overnight in Kalambaka hotel.
DAY 03. KALAMBAKA (METEORA) / ATHENS
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) Breakfast at the hotel. Visit Meteora with its impressive scenery, visit 2 monasteries, suspended between earth and sky. Inside, see priceless historical and religious treasures. Lunch at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). Depart to Athens via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae. Arrive in the evening and transfer to a local restaurant for dinner (starters, salad, main course, dessert). After dinner transfer to the hotel and check in. Overnight in Athens Hotel.
DAY 04. HALF DAY CORINTH TOUR / ATHENS SIGHTSEEING
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) Breakfast at the hotel. With an official English speaking guide depart for your Half Day Corinth Tour. Drive west, along the coastal highway, the Apollo coast and stop to see the Corinth Canal, which connects the Aegean and the Ionian Seas. Continue to and visit Ancient Corinth. See the Bema, the Temple of Apollo, the remains of the Agora, and Pyrene Fountain. Lunch at a local restaurant. Drive back to Athens and proceed on your Half Day Athens Sightseeing Tour. See Syntagma Square, the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the National Library, see the Hadrian’s Arch, see the Temple of Olympian Zeus, stop at the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896. On the Acropolis visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erectheion and finally “the harmony betweenmaterialandspirit”,theParthenon.Completingthe tour, transfer to Plaka, the old part of Athens, for dinner at a local restaurant (starters, salad, main course, dessert). After dinner transfer back and overnight in Athens Hotel.
DAY 05. ATHENS DEPARTURE
(Breakfast) Breakfast in the hotel. Transfer to the Athens airport for your flight back home.
- Passport and visa photocopies required before processing, passport should be not less 6 months valid from the date of travel
- VISA and Passports - You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Travel Insurance - It is highly recommened you have travel insurance in place
- Please be gently reminded that it is the guest's responsibility to secure passport and valid entry visas to the destinations if applicable
- ONCE CONFIRED AND FINALIZED, ALL PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-REBOOKABLE FOR ANY MATTER. Please make your trip definite
- Prepayment Terms and Conditions Apply
- Boris Travel and Tours is not held liable or responsible for any trip and tour cancellations, tour forefeiture brought about by flight cancellations, flight delays, bad weather conditions, or any failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes government, strikes, riots, and Acts of God or conditions beyond our control
- Please note that this guarantee does not apply in any situation where the safety of clients is at potential risk or in the case of global health warnings; or when the operation of a tour is not possible for reasons beyond our control (such as industrial action/strikes and operational restrictions); or a Force Majeure event. A Force Majeure event is an inevitable or unpredictable event including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane (or other natural disaster), act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, political unrest, blockage, embargo, labour dispute or strike.
- Itineraries subject to space availability upon reservation. Itineraries subject to change without prior notice